Thursday, August 17, 2006

Learning about Leadership




It was really hard to get up this morning but I managed to get to school on time and I had a decent class. I have a huge break in between the grade 7b class and leadership club and so I wrote many letters, played on the computer, and finished my awesome lesson plan about servant-leadership for leadership club.

Club was ok but by the time I got to that class I was feeling a bit nauseous and really tired. I think though that my students liked the lesson. I've never had to teach leadership to others before and I'm not exactly sure on the best methods but I think we're muddling through ok. Thanks to my Dad for referring me to the Greenleaf centre for servant-leadership web page, some of the articles are really interesting and helpful. I started club today with the general definition of servant-leadership and then we started to learn the first two of the ten characteristics of the servant-leader (while doing activities to explore and reinforce those characteristics). Hopefully I'm effective.

After school I took the sawng-thaew and walked the rest of the way home, as usual. I can feel myself getting better, I have a bit more spring in my step now. When I got home I was tired but I didn't crash and instead wrote some emails. I went out for dinner and then to Carrefour to mail fourteen more letters (I'm up to 270 now), I was keeping myself busy so I wouldn't crash again. I spent the evening writing draft letters to educational institutions so that I could get myself back into school as soon as possible. I also sat back and watched a dvd.

Today's picture is of Angkor Wat as seen from the highest point of Angkor Wat, the walk way leads to the front exit (the elephant gate) and you can see the two libraries on the left and right of the main path. In the gate tower is the statue of Vishnu (which I didn't get a picture of). Sorry to those of you who are tired of the Angkor Wat photos, my camera seems to be working again so I'll try to get out and take some neighborhood photos or something so that I'll have something new to post.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Rip Van Winkle
  • Boo Camera
  • Sashimi Madness!
  • Teddy Bear Sweater
  • Happy Birthday Adina!!
  • Hospital Celebrity
  • Sleep and Leadership
  • Days of the Week
  • Two Ohs
  • Mai Dee
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox