
Today I woke up feeling more sick then yesterday and I spent the whole day at school feeling tired and nauseous. I didn't puke but I was not feeling very solid. I rested and wrote over on my breaks between classes. I think I wrote about six letters, whoow. Some of today's classes were great others were not so much. The day went by fast enough though and when I got home I had a nap before dinner.
This evening we finally resumed our Ruhi book six group, it was really good. We'd been on hold for a couple of months because things were changing and everyone was so busy and I'm glad to be back in the groove.
After Ruhi I sat down for a chat with Jaya and Erfan and then I came back to my room to type out the blog (which I'm obviously doing now) and then I'll be crashing. If I don't feel better tomorrow I'll be phoning the doctor because my ear is a bit sore, curses. I was planning on going away this weekend but since I feel so crappy I guess I'll just stay in the city, go out to a movie, and if I feel up to it hit up some markets. Maybe I'll take myself to the ultra swanky movie theatre with the reclining lazy-boy chairs and the duvets.
Today I was one with the Thai masses and wore my yellow shirt for the King. I found out that there is a colour for every day of the week and that we wear yellow because the King was born on a Monday! I thought yellow was just the royal colour but no it's because he was born on a Monday. This means that when there is a new King the colour could change for whatever day of the week he is born on. The Queen's colour is blue because she's born on a Friday and so this Saturday for the Queen's birthday everyone wears blue to celebrate! I was born on a Friday also so my colour is blue, and its story of Shiva and dust (they all have Shiva and dust) also has my number, 21. What's your colour?
I learned from Oh (Oh R. that is) that there is also a Buddha pose for every day of the week. Mine is the contemplating Buddha. This pose implies a "complete spiritual transformation". Check me out! My Dad's Buddha is my favorite because it's the one with the Naga King, and the Naga is my favorite (not that I'm saying mine isn't pretty cool). What's your Buddha pose?
Today's picture is of me and one of the monks of Luang Prabang. We're at the monastery at the bottom of Phu Si, one of the other monks took this picture. This guy in the picture with me is the one who made the ball and the grass hopper out of the bamboo leaves, very talented. I also made a picture available on the photos page of Buddhas in different poses, it's the one that also has a bearded Buddha (I don't know anything about that one). I took the Buddhas photo in a cave on Phu Si.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home