
I spent the first half of the day in and out of my bed, I was feeling so groggy when I was up that I'd lie down and then after a half hour of rest I'd get up only to feel groggy and tired again. Finally at 1pm I decided that I should force myself to stay up so that I would be able to sleep tonight, as I do have to teach tomorrow morning.
I had borrowed some movies from Khanum and so I walked down to Magic Years School to return them and say hi to my friends (most of whom work there). When I got to the school I saw that Pun was there, her first day back from Germany! I am so excited to have Pun back in town we're going to have so much fun in these my last seven weeks in Thailand! Both of the Oh's were working as well and I helped Oh T. select some pictures for one of the display boards. The school is being redecorated right now for the new school year which starts this coming Friday. I hung out at the school until they were done their work day and then went with Pun to IT Square (shopping mall) to get the pictures Oh and I selected printed and, while we were out, go for dinner. We went to Oishi for all you can eat and after having nearly no appetite for five days I really packed it in. I ate two dinner sized plates sashimi and sushi (mostly sashimi - and I piled the fish up) and gyoza, tempura, miso soup, edamame, radish, chicken and veggies, beef and veggies, muscles, and desert oh and rice tea mmmmmmmm. Pun and I both walked out of there feeling that we got our money's worth but with over-full bellies. The place was buffet style and you had a time limit for how long you were allowed to stay and so you pile up your plates and for the cooked dishes you select the raw meat and veggies and give it to them and they cook it and deliver it to your table. So awesome.
We picked up the printed pictures and walked around the mall to try to settle our food before we ran to catch the bus. I still feel really tired and will probably let myself go to sleep soon.
Here is another picture of the Mekong, some palm trees, houses, and beautiful mountains. I took this picture from the top of Phu Si.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home