
I woke up this morning with the chills which is strange because I sleep with the fan on low and my apartment must have been about 30 degrees. I really wasn't feeling hot to go to school so I told Erfan I wouldn't be able to make it to our morning class and I went back to bed.
I slept solid until one in the afternoon and got up to get to school for three. On Thursday afternoons I don't teach class but am in charge of the leadership club for grades 7-9. Erfan has decided he doesn't want to work on this any more and so I'll be running the club alone from now until the end of the semester which is fine. I let club out early because I felt really unwell but I do think that we did make some progress. The club is mostly comprised of classroom leaders and our goal is to sharpen their leadership skills to help them be more effective leaders in class. I've never taught leadership before and am struggling a bit with how to teach them the practical skills but we're taking it one step at a time and we're all learning together so I hope to figure it out as we go along.
I got home from school (around 4:30om) and had another "nap" which took me until about 9pm. I talked to Adina for a bit and then went back to bed.
Here are the alligators at the alligator farm in the floating village in Cambodia. The one with his mouth open kept swallowing, I think he was expecting something.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home