Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Boo Camera

h


This morning passed with little excitement. The grade 9b class was well behaved, I no transportation issues, and I didn't sleep in which I was worried about because I've been all about the sleep lately. On Tuesday mornings I only teach until 9:50am and then have the rest of the day free so I went home to quickly change and then went to the tailor to get another skirt and a dress made. Giving the directions for the dress was hard because I don't know any Thai, getting the message across required many sketches and flipping through magazines for examples. I think I'll bring a Thai friend to my first fitting to help me out with any particulars that may need discussion.

I did a bit of shopping after my visit to the tailor and then I came home. I was really tired again and so I decided to rest for a "bit" and slept from three until 6pm, oops. I was so groggy when I woke that I would have slept right through the evening, but when I looked at the clock and saw the time I decided it was best to shake off my drowsiness and eat so that I could take my medications.

Since dinner I've been reviewing the tests my students wrote so that I can give feedback when I see them tomorrow. Also as of tomorrow Erfan and I are splitting the classes and each taking half as a permanent arrangement until the end of the semester. I think things will work better this way.

In sad news my camera is acting up again. I'm going to try to take it to the camera doctor, but this may mean that won't be posting photos for a while or I'll be reverting back to old Cambodia, Thai temples, and Khao Yai photos from months past. I hope my camera comes to it's senses soon, I really want to be able to take more photos!

May, I have emailed you from three different email address now but haven't heard from you. Did you receive any of them? Do you have another email address?

Thanks for the shoutbox post Mich, Mattea is red too. I think your pose is the enlightened Buddha. I'm glad you're getting my letters, there will be more. Thanks also for the beautiful birth announcement today! Oh and thanks to Mandy for a real hand written letter which I also received today! I was so thrilled to get two things in the mail on the same day!


Here are some boys from my Friday night Baha'i children's classes. Here all the kids (especially boys) pose framing their face with their finger and their thumb. No matter where you go they do this, but I'm not sure why.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Sashimi Madness!
  • Teddy Bear Sweater
  • Happy Birthday Adina!!
  • Hospital Celebrity
  • Sleep and Leadership
  • Days of the Week
  • Two Ohs
  • Mai Dee
  • Sore Finger
  • Three New Friends
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox