Monday, August 21, 2006

The Illness Strikes Back




When I woke up this morning my throat was once again sore and it was hard to swallow without pain, curses. It would seem that my illness wasn't going to give up even though it seemed to have gone away and this was the final day of my medication. I slept most of the morning and in the afternoon I went to teach grade 9b.

Today we split the grade 9b class in half and will each be teaching eight students for the remainder of the semester, it was awesome. I thought that my class was pretty cool and they said that they were happy that they had me for the remainder of the year (it made me feel kind of special). After class I had plans to meet up with Oh T. so that she could come with me to the tailor to make sure that my dress would turn out ok and to drop off the fabric I bought yesterday for another skirt to be made. Oh phoned me and told me that she and Oh R. were together and were going to pick me up on Chaengwattana Road so that we could all go out for food before going to the dress maker. At this point I was feeling even more sick and when we went out I ate a lot of veggies that were high in vitamins, some soup, and some chicken. Oh R. dropped Oh T. and I off at the tailor and we sorted out all of my dress details. Thank you Oh!

When I got home one of the kids who lives in our condo building was hanging out in the hall waiting for Sunantha so I invited her into my place. I let her play on the computer and I fell asleep on one of the beds in my room. When I woke up we played a game together and then I went out for some dinner. I was feeling even more sick at this point and so I decided to go back to the hospital for a re-examination.

Vaughan drove me to the hospital and after a bit of a wait I went in. My doctor didn't seem to really know what he was doing and his english was quite poor. Vaughan speaks Thai and was able to help me out with communication, but I still didn't feel like the guy checked out all of my ailments properly. In the end I go three new medications and an appointment to see the ears, nose and throat specialist this Wednesday at 5pm. I sure hope this E.N.T. specialist can do something that will actually make me well because I've been sick for weeks now and I don't want this to drag on any longer.

Today's picture is of the top of a doorway at Banteay Srei, they were all so intricate.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Tasty Durian!
  • Don't Wear Jeans at Chatuchak
  • Pendulums, Order, and Chaos
  • Learning about Leadership
  • Rip Van Winkle
  • Boo Camera
  • Sashimi Madness!
  • Teddy Bear Sweater
  • Happy Birthday Adina!!
  • Hospital Celebrity
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox