
I woke up early to meet the Ohs, but Oh T. slept in so I in the end I hadn't needed to be up so early, curses. It's ok though I did work on my letter for getting into University. It isn't done yet but it is coming along.
When I did meet up with the Ohs we went into Nichada Thani because there was some event at ISB (ISB = International School of Bangkok) and Magic Years had a booth set up and both Ohs work at Magic Years. Oh R. teaches children's classes for a couple of hours on Satruday mornings so she went to teach that while Oh T. did her thing at the booth and I decided to go for a coffee and to write some letters. Oh T. was supposed to be an hour but it turned into two which was fine because I was in a letter writing groove and lost track of time until she showed up to get me. I don't like Nichada very much, I'd been there once before and didn't like it then either. Nichada is the expatriate village and it's not real Thailand, its very exclusive and it's like being in any miscellaneous suburb of some miscellaneous western country, bleck.
We went to Chatuchak in the afternoon but it was really hot and we were all tired so I didn't actually get that much off of my list. A word of advice to anyone visiting Chatuchak, don't wear jeans when you go. It is so crowded and hot that if you wear jeans you'll feel like your skin is suffocating and you're going to pass out from heat exhaustion. Oh R. and I both wore jeans and both regretted it many times over the course of the day. We mostly wandered around feeling hot and then when it looked like it was going to rain (it'd been getting darker and more cloudy all day) we went to Central Lat Phrao shopping mall and had some sushi.
After our excellent dinner I quickly rushed home for the Feast. We had a nice Feast. This evening I haven't done very much, I'm going with Oh R. to the Feast in Bangkok tomorrow morning so I should go to bed early. I've spend my evening listening to the many awesome cds Evan has made me and sorting through my stuff so that packing will be easier when the time comes.
I didn't bring my camera with me today because Chatuchak is a place to worry about theft, therefore no new pictures. Yay more Cambodia photos! This is my "I was there" photo that I had May take of me so that I could send it to Evan and Tonya to show them I was really at Angkor Wat. I should have fixed my hair and made myself look less sweaty. It was soo hot out this day and very humid, this was the day that it poured down with true "rainy season" force and so much rain fell that there was a bit of flooding in some areas. It rained about two hours after this photo was taken.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home