
Wednesdays are always longer days and I am tired but I'm sorry, this is going to be a short post.
I started the day off with Grade 7a which was really fun and interesting though they are quite noisy. We did have a great discussion about what our talents were and how they'd contribute to what we wanted to be when we grow up, even if abstractly.
A couple hours after the grade seven class I had 8a. This group was good, pretty well behaved and it was good. I had a three hour break after this class where I wrote my lesson summaries (I write one after every lesson) and then wrote five letters.
Then came the highlight of the teaching day! Grade 8b. I know they are the difficult class most of the time but I still believe that they are certainly the most interesting and they are awesomely funny and really smart. I've been starting off every class this week with a cooperation activity and this class performed the task amazingly. They were the fastest and most efficient group out of all of the classes. They were 20 seconds faster than the fastest class to date and they dropped the ball a lot less (I do literally mean ball we were playing a passing game with a ball and eventually many balls). I was so impressed by them. We played a quick go of Simon says and for the class who "isn't supposed to" have proper listening skills or respectful and attentive behavior they sure listened very carefully to what I said and it was hard to trip them up. I think that the other teachers are too quick to judge this class. I love them! I think that they are really an amazing group and so unified!
So all in all I think I'm learning how to deal with my classes individually and it's a lot of fun. Even though we're not yet at the point that we're getting through too many lessons I think I'm learning how to work with them and am earning their trust and respect.
I was so excited today to get another letter in the mail, complete with pictures! Thank you Krista!
Krista sent me pictures from my going away party at the 'Bucks as well as some other really funny pictures from around our store. People's facial expressions and stances in the pictures were so.... "them" that it sometimes made me laugh out loud when flipping through. A funny picture of Roy even brought out the "starbucks" voice in me saying (in typical starbucks lilting tones) "Oh Roy!" I put many of them on the wall above my bed with all of my other photos of my family. Thanks again Krista.
Also for those of you who were concerned my mouth is feeling much better today, thanks. (If you don't know what I'm referring to here see yesterday's post and the one for Monday).
Today's picture is from the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home