Thursday, May 25, 2006

Schedule Woes Continue




I went to bed early last night but it seems that I still need more sleep than I got because it was a struggle to get out of bed this morning.

My schedule was messed up again at the school today making it the third time this week that I had the wrong time for one of my classes. I only have 6 classes so that means that half were written down wrong. This time the class was written as starting at 10:10am, unfortunately, it started at 9:50am so I was 20 minutes late. Curses. The poor scheduling didn't stress me out and a teacher giving me grief about not being in my class on time since I had never had this class before and had an incorrect schedule. Ugh. I was told all would be fixed by Monday.

I had a long break in the afternoon because my class that I was late for was my only real class in the day but I couldn't leave because I had to wait around for the club meetings. I'm the teacher who is running the Leadership club for the grade 7, 8, and 9 students. Club meeting time isn't until 3:10pm so I sat around and wrote more letters and postcards. It's almost safe to say that if I have your address you're getting something in the mail when I get to a post office to send these.

At 3:10pm I went to do my leadership club stuff. I had prepared a wicked plan for our first meeting and it played out pretty well. The kids, I learned, didn't all volunteer to be in this club but were placed in it because they were voted by their peers as the classroom leaders and the teachers then wanted them to develop leadership skills. Many of these kids didn't want to participate or do any work but they loved my games and puzzles. I think that if we just do these activities for a while and I can build their trust we can then start to organize a service project or some sort of school event which will require them to put their leadership skills into action. I just have to come up with many meaningful leadership games (I'm open to suggestions). I think that if I can even get them thinking about the ideas I'm putting forth in my activities and maybe even planning a small project than I will feel like this group has been successful.

In the evening I tutored my Ruhi book one in Thai again and I felt that this one went much better than our first session. I only had one participant attend but we had a lot of fun and I learned some more Thai and she some more English and we both explored some cool spiritual concepts.

Today's picture is of three girls in my local community. They take the children's classes organized by the Baha'is on Friday nights. Though they aren't Baha'is themselves, nor are their parents, they performed at the Holyday this past Monday night. They were so cute and happy at the Holyday I was surprised when this picture turned out like this, it makes be laugh because it looks like they're going to kick some butt.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Master Traffic Dancer
  • Day Out with Ridvan and Shar
  • Happy Declaration of the Bab!
  • Thanks For The Great Chat Tabitha
  • Have Fun In Australia Spud!
  • No Real Entry Today Sorry
  • Tired From Another Long Day
  • Extra Respect To All The Teachers Out There
  • Working Out My New Schedule
  • Happy Mother's Day Mom!
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox