Monday, May 29, 2006

Urg




Last night I don't know if I didn't hear my alarm or turned it off in my sleep (most likely) or what but I woke up slightly late for the Holyday. I wasn't really late but it was kind of a boo for me. After we said some prayers and had the program we made some pancakes. The pancakes were tasty and someone had this 100% maple syrup spread from Quebec which pleased my Canadian roots. Breakfast took us to just after 4am and then I went home, talked to Mom for a bit and went to bed.

I like the middle of the night Holydays but I sure did have a hard time waking up again later this morning. I think I lingered in bed for at least an extra hour before I actually forced myself up.

School was good, I played some games with my grade nine class and then we did some work. Unfortunately, my students never want to do any work. I'm trying to see if I can gain their trust and make things fun and play some educational games then maybe they'll also do work.

After work I went out for dinner and my favorite dinner betrayed me when I cracked my tooth eating chicken and cashews.... boo. I'm pretty disappointed. I wasn't feeling too bad about the ipod, I mean its frustrating but I was dealing but now this in pretty much the same week!? It makes me more upset by the ipod because it feels like everything is being crappy at the same time... stupid ipod... stupid tooth. So now tomorrow I go to the dentist after I teach in the morning. Curses.

Today's picture is from Wat Phra Kaew. This guy is a monkey and he and the demons hold up a golden chedi next to the temple of the Emerald Buddha. By the way you can tell the monkeys from the demons because the monkeys have their mouth open. I made a picture of the demons holding up the chedi available on the pictures page.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Market Fruits
  • Curse You USB Port!
  • Thanks Shar and Ridvan!
  • Schedule Woes Continue
  • Master Traffic Dancer
  • Day Out with Ridvan and Shar
  • Happy Declaration of the Bab!
  • Thanks For The Great Chat Tabitha
  • Have Fun In Australia Spud!
  • No Real Entry Today Sorry
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox