Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Day Out with Ridvan and Shar




This morning I was nearly late for school and had to bust it out the door because I misread my schedule. Sadly this mean that I had to cut my talk with my Dad short (sorry Dad) which was a bit sad because we haven't really had a chat lately.

Today I taught the other grade nine class and they were fun but much more shy than my other groups and a bit more stubborn.

After school I ran home grabbed a quick shower and changed into comfy clothings and ran out to meet up with Ridvan and Shar. We had a lovely lunch where I had fresh spring rolls, rose apple and traditional Thai desert. When we were done lunch we made our way over to the Jim Thompson Thai House Museum. Jim Thompson was the founder of the Jim Thompson Thai Silk Company and the first to export Thai silk. The house was beautiful and our interpreter was very good. Jim Thompson loved Asian culture and art and incorporated art and sculpture from all over Asia when decorating his Thai style house. I love traditional Thai houses I could easily live in one, they're lovely.

In the evening we ate some excellent dim sum and went to a movie. The movie was interesting though the sound in the theatre was loud and not effectively so, like when theatres turn up the volume to compensate for the lack of surround sound. As is usual with a movie they played the tribute to the King before the movie plays, it was interesting because this time I was in a packed theatre and it was interesting to see everyone stand respectfully and watch the tribute. It's not that I disliked the King before but now I'm starting to be fond of our King. I was never really all that fond of monarchy before but the way that people react to mention of the King and how the people of Thailand love him reflects well on him and makes me feel respectful and inspires a growing fondness for Thailand's monarchy.

Today's picture is of some beautiful lotus flowers that were in a pot in the garden at the Jim Thompson museum.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Happy Declaration of the Bab!
  • Thanks For The Great Chat Tabitha
  • Have Fun In Australia Spud!
  • No Real Entry Today Sorry
  • Tired From Another Long Day
  • Extra Respect To All The Teachers Out There
  • Working Out My New Schedule
  • Happy Mother's Day Mom!
  • Chinatown
  • A Writing Fiend... and Goodbye For Now Spud and Ta...
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox