Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Dentist Day




This morning I had a great class with my grade 9a students, they were really fun and caught on to the games really quickly. After my class I wrote a letter and then went to the dentist... ugh.

The dentist took me in early instead of having me wait around which wasnice and after a few x-rays and some poking around he decided on a filling.He didn't speak very much English but it was enough that I understood whathe was saying. Here they put a cloth over your eyes when working on yourmouth, probably so that nothing splashes in your eyes but it's actuallyquite nice and the effect is pretty soothing. I am not usually very wellbehaved when it comes to seeing the dentist, it makes me very apprehensive,and so I was very proud of myself today. I didn't bite, I wasn't rude, and Ididn't panic (though at one point I was a bit freaked). This dentist ispretty skilled at administering needles and getting the freezing wasn't bad,he didn't even bruise the inside of my mouth as many dentists have in thepast. I wouldn't say it was an enjoyable experience but it was ok andaffordable. I have to go back on Thursday for him to check the filling andfor him to polish it up.

In the afternoon I went for a swim but I'm so used to the heat outside that the pool felt too cold and I couldn't stay in too long. I was getting goose bumps. After my brief swim I had a little nap on one of the deck chairs so that I could warm up in the sun. In the early evening I made a quick trip to Carrefour where I mailed more letters and bought some soup (since I'm not allowed to chew on the right side of my mouth for two days).

This evening has been pretty low key. I talked to my parents which was nice and we talked about all sorts of things I hadn't had a chance to really chat with them about yet. I hadn't talked to Dad in a while since our schedules haven't been matching, I was really happy that we got to talk. Mom and Dad's lives have been pretty busy since they're leaving for Africa soon.

I also wanted to mention that I got my first postal letter from Canada today! Thank you Michelle for writing me, after a long day involving a trip to the dentist you really made my day.

Today's picture is another from Wat Phra Kaeo. Everywhere in Thailand there are giant pots filled with water and have fish and lotus flowers growing in them. The lotus represents enlightenment I have been told. It is also a symbol of the Buddha and his teachings, so people have them all over, especially at the temples. You can see the reflection of one of the temples in the water of my picture. The flower must be really sweet there are always many bees/wasps in them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Urg
  • Market Fruits
  • Curse You USB Port!
  • Thanks Shar and Ridvan!
  • Schedule Woes Continue
  • Master Traffic Dancer
  • Day Out with Ridvan and Shar
  • Happy Declaration of the Bab!
  • Thanks For The Great Chat Tabitha
  • Have Fun In Australia Spud!
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox