Friday, May 26, 2006

Thanks Shar and Ridvan!




The first thing I got to do when I woke up was talk to Mattea and see Etana on the webcam! The little Punkin' walked across the floor for me and climbed on top of a chair. She was being really funny and ran around in her bike helmet, silly girl.

Today was Rivan and Shar's last day in town and so I got together with them and we went to the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeow. Jenny and I had gone there when I first arrived in Thailand (see my posts from late March) but we had transportation issues and didn't really see much. Today I got a second chance to really have a look. I had a good time the buildings here are certainly... ornate.

I'm noticing how much my Thai is improving and I'm very proud of myself. We went out for lunch and I was able to order some things and talk to the server/cook/owner a bit. Yay!

We met one of Ridvan's friends for dinner, he is a Baha'i who has been living in Thailand for many years and we all went out to dinner. We went for Persian food in the middle eastern district of Bangkok and it was great, I will have to remember that you just get off at Nana BTS (sky train) station to enjoy some good Persian eats. And I was given the left overs to take home, yumm.

I got a decent amount of sun today and I am not very good with mornings though I force myself up at 6:30am every day, so the plan is to go to bed early and sleep in.

Here are Shar And Ridvan at the temples today. It was really lovely to have them around. Thanks Shar and Ridvan for visiting me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Schedule Woes Continue
  • Master Traffic Dancer
  • Day Out with Ridvan and Shar
  • Happy Declaration of the Bab!
  • Thanks For The Great Chat Tabitha
  • Have Fun In Australia Spud!
  • No Real Entry Today Sorry
  • Tired From Another Long Day
  • Extra Respect To All The Teachers Out There
  • Working Out My New Schedule
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox