
I haven't posted a real post since Wednesday so here we go. There isn't much to say about Thursday except that my grade threes were rowdy and I really wasn't really prepared for anything that happened on Thursday and the evening involved a lot of feeling crappy and some crying and laundry. The only good thing about Thursday was that I managed to make the blouse that I thought I had ruined wearable again (though if you look close you can see the brown stain, but faintly).
Friday was a different story, my prayers were answered and I had the best day that I'd had all week. I woke up early and managed to get a shower in before going to work (I haven't been good with the mornings and I've been waking up without enough time to shower in the morning and have been showering at night which isn't as nice). After my shower I got ready for work and then phoned my Starbucks (yes it will always be my Starbucks, I know I don't work there any more). Tim answered the phone and didn't recognize me which was funny and then I talked to Christine because I was actually phoning for her birthday. Tim clued in that it was me and picked up the phone and I got to have a little chat with both Christine and Tim which was fun.
When I left the apartment to leave for work I found Spud standing in the hallway! He couldn't get into the Baha'i centre to ask for the key to the boy's dorm so I gave him my key to hang out in my place while I was at work, we chatted a little and then I left him to hang out and rest. At school the kids were all well behaved and I managed to hold their attention for the entire class period! It was pretty good. Despite the fact that the kids were good I did tell the school that I couldn't do the grade three classes any longer because I wasn't a trained teacher, didn't have the proper resources, and I didn't think it was very fair for these kids to have such a poor english education. So no more grade threes (except for the occasional subbing which I agreed to) and I managed to get my point across without any hard feelings.
I went back to my apartment and Spud and I went out for dinner and had a good chat and some good food. It sounds like Spud had a great time in the North, I'll have to take a trip North when I have some spare days.
There were children's classes at the Baha'i centre as usual and I had a great time. The kids are starting to get used to me and are starting to play around, run up and hug me, and even give me massages! Lovely. The other cool thing was that I have finally memorized the french prayer that I was working on committing to memory which made me pleased.
After children's classes Spud and I went to get some snack food and then we watched many episodes of Scrubs and The Office, which he bought up North. We had a ton of fun but I had a long day and at the end I was dozing off and was so tired that I couldn't even muster the energy to write the blog.
Today I talked to my friend Michael on the phone today, in the morning. After a while I messaged Spud on his cell phone and we I went for a walk, talked and listened to music for the rest of his time in Nonthaburi. He is a musician so he played me some songs on the guitar Jenny had bought and left here. He is a very good guitar player. We mostly just joked around and had a good time. In the early afternoon I put him in a taxi to go onto the next length of his journey, Australia. He gave me a great hug goodbye which was nice because this isn't a hugging culture and so I really haven't had many hugs since I came here.... only three actually.
I did some chatting on msn after Spud left which was nice. In the later afternoon I went and bought more wicked-awesome stationary and went with Lynne to Suan Lum Night Bazaar because she had some things to pick up for her daughter before she goes to Canada to see her next month. I ended up buying a few very pretty things and some little gifts. Oh and I ate some sushi today after I bought the super-fun stationary and it was glorious.
We walked around so much today that when we were at Suan Lum our feet really hurt so we went to a little massage parlour at the market (they're everywhere). I had the best foot massage I have ever received. It was the first time since I've been in Thailand that a man gave me a massage. The guy was about my age I think and really sweet. He kept asking me if he was hurting me and was concerned about whether I was enjoying the massage. He did have some really strong fingers so it was nice that he was checking on me but he didn't hurt me once, it was just the right amount of force and really well placed. He spoke english quite well and was scolding me for not getting massages more often because my muscles were all tight, it was kind of funny because he would click his tongue in a disapproving way when he found a tight muscle. When you get foot massages they often rub your neck and shoulders at the end as well, unfortunately my neck and shoulders are especially tight and there was a lot of tongue clicking at the end of my massage when he was trying to loosen my shoulder muscles. If I'm in need of a massage in the market again I will go to him again he was really very good.
I talked to Shar and Ridvan who are two Baha'is on their way home to Canada via the extra long route and they are coming to see me this week from Monday to Saturday, Yay!!
Now I'm home again and tired so that's it for tonight. Oh, Jenny is having a rough time in China I think, she didn't send me the happiest email the other day so please keep her in your thoughts. I know you can't read blogger in China, Jenny, but when you get to read this I miss you and I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Today's picture is of Spud. We were in Ko Phi Phi when this picture was taken. We, Tabitha, Spud and I, were taking pictures of each other in the dark with the camera on a black and white setting trying to guess if we were pointing the camera in the right direction, I pointed it where I thought Spud was standing and I got him.... he was waiting for me with a pose and this was it. Oh Spud!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home