Thursday, September 21, 2006

Back After a Long Absence




My internet has been down and things have been crazy, so now I'm ultra behind in the blogging (as many of you have noticed). I'm going to attempt to catch up. This catching up will not be tonight though because my stomach is a little sore and I'm tired so I'll do today's and maybe tomorrow I'll start to go back and begin to fill in the adventures of the past... month.

As many people know, there is a coup in Thailand right now,so I would first like to assure everyone that all is well with me and I'm perfectly safe. Thank you to everyone who has written me or messaged me to double check. Things are peaceful in my area because the citizens of Bangkok and Nonthaburi are happy that Thaksin is gone. I guess we'll see if they stay happy when a new acting PM is put into place, but that will happen after I leave, hopefully it's someone that the people will want to follow and who will do good things for the country.


Today was my last day of Leadership Club at the school and so I spent most of my day preparing activities for the class. Leadership club has been challenging for me because I've never taught leadership before and though I understand leadership concepts, understanding and teaching are two separate beasts and sometimes I found it hard to teach it in a fun way. My students are great though and are very sweet and this is a group that I'll definitely miss. Today's pictures are of some of the kids in my club since not all were present today, I think maybe because of the coup.

After school I had a little nap and then went out to the restaurant I nearly always eat at on my soi and then to get a coffee. Tonight I've been listening to some Thai music and trying to pack. Thai pop has really grown on me and I have been purchasing some music to take with me back to Canada. I'll be posting a music blog soon, but first I'll get caught up on the blogs of early September.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • It's a Coup
  • A Good Class
  • A Good Food Day
  • Low-key
  • Jaochai Noi
  • A Rafting Crankenstein
  • Changes in the Flight Plan
  • Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad
  • Le Petit Prince
  • Oh's Exciting Face
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox