
Oh let me sleep in and so when I woke up everyone else was already up and doing their thing. I don't think I was up any later than 9:30am but I still felt like a lazy especially since Oh was outside scrubbing her laundry (they don't have a washing machine so she does it by hand) and had been doing laundry since she got up at 7am.
I quickly showered and helped, to the capacity that I was useful, make breakfast. After breakfast Oh got ready while I read and then we went to the mall so that Oh could visit the dermatologist. Oh has had a rash on her face since they moved last weekend and she was concerned so we went for her to get it checked out. When she came out of her appointment she said "oye, my face is very exciting" which was very cute. I guess there are some mites that are causing this rash (which admittedly is gross) but her reaction was cute because of the way she expresses herself in English. Her "very exciting" comment was followed by "I have animals on my face!" which I couldn't help but smile at. She's concerned about it but I'm sure it'll be ok, they gave her some meds and will see her next Sunday to check up.
We met up with her cousin and all went out for pizza which was ok. The pizza tasted ok but it showed me that though pizza is good sometimes I don't miss cheese.
We looked around the mall a little but not for long and then we went to another mall for her to pay her credit card bill. We looked around a little but neither of us had much energy to shop and so we walked to the bus stop and waited for the 150 so that I could go home. I felt bad that Oh waited with me because the bus took over an hour to come and she missed having dinner with her family.. I mostly felt bad because I could have taken a van home but didn't because I don't like taking vans alone. I don't speak the language enough that I'm confident in vans and was worried that I wouldn't be able to communicate properly where I wanted to get off and would embarrass myself and so I stubbornly waited for the bus and passed up many a van ride... thus making Oh wait around even longer. Vans are kind of like a cross between taxis and buses, they operate the exact same as sawng-thaews actually, they have a route but you can tell them where to drop you. The difference between sawng-thaews and vans is that in sawng-thaews you ring the bell like on a bus and then the driver stops at the earliest convenient spot and in vans you tell the driver like you're taking a taxi.
Once I finally got home I dropped my bag off and went out again so that I could go to the market in Kor Tor Mor circle. I was late for the main part of the market and people were closing down but I did manage to grab something for dinner and some tasty baby bananas.
Here is a picture from Germany. It was a building near my friends' hotel.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home