Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad




This morning I had intended to wake up early but it was a snooze alarm kind of morning and I deferred rising from my bed for as long as possible. When I did eventually rise I slowly got ready and after reading my book and relaxing I went downstairs to my favorite restaurant on the soi for lunch. After lunch I went to school for my first real day of the new schedule. Things were ok, my first class made me really upset but my second was awesome. I have really warmed up to the grade 9b class and they have warmed up to me as well and now we joke and laugh but also get things done. The grade 9a class so was so on task today that I decided that we'd end class early and go outside and play basketball, I even made a few baskets. It was stupid hot outside today reaching a high of 33 degrees with virtually no wind and an average humidity of 59% and so basketball was a sweaty affair though it was fun.

After school I took myself into Bangkok for Persian food and then for a coffee. Dinner was so tasty, I'm glad I went. This evening I watched a movie and now I'm trying to catch up on my missed blogs.

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful parents! I'm very proud of them and their courage to be living in Africa. I'm really excited to see them in another 23 days.

Oh! And also I wrote my 300th letter today. Whoow.

I wasn't going to post this picture because it makes me sad, but I've changed my mind about posting it because of it's story... so here it is. It looks like this monkey is just chillin' out because he's a monkey and he chooses to chill out. The truth is that he is tied to the tree (at the far gate of Ta Prohm) and when tourists come the two guys that sit at the gate snap their fingers at him and wave food around so that he'll come forward for a picture. When he comes forward the collar he is wearing gets lost in the fur around his neck and the rope that comes out of the back of the collar is lost in the shadows of the tree making it look like the picture is a natural one. He doesn't really have that much rope to move around and it distressed me that his life is spent tied to a tree in the middle of a beautiful jungle. If you don't remember what Ta Prohm is, it's the temple near Angkor Wat that is grown over with many huge trees.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Le Petit Prince
  • Oh's Exciting Face
  • Happy Birthday Evan
  • I've Seen a Horse Fly I've Seen a Shoe Fly but I'v...
  • Nothing Phenomenal
  • Different Ideas of Beauty
  • One Month As Of Today
  • Goodbye Madeleine
  • A Long Day of Nothing
  • A Day Out with Tabz and Madeleine
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox