Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Rafting Crankenstein

This morning we got up early to take the train to the country to so that we could go rafting. The train left before 6am though and so we had to be up so disgustingly early. I had a hard time getting up and even when I did I was a bit of a sleepy crankenstein all day. We took a taxi to the Hua Lampoong Station downtown and took the train (in the economy car) for three hours to the opposite side of Khao Yai National park to the outdoor resort to go rafting. We were picked up at the train station and brought to the camp and prepared to go rafting. Even though I'm not that huge Thais seem to think I'm much larger than I am because I'm bigger than they are and so I was given he most monstrous life jacket ever. I could pull this thing up and over my head when it was cinched to it's tightest setting. Seeing that I was already cranky from a lack of sleep being treated like I was unnaturally large made me a bit... fumy. Eventually I got a proper life jacket and we went rafting. Rafting was ok thought the skill level could have been more difficult I didn't feel like I was really being challenged. Ah well. We then went for lunch where I had some green curry and one of my favorite Thai deserts. This cheered me a bit. After lunch Oh R. and I relaxed on the grass while the others ran around doing other activities. I would have liked to do other activities as well but I didn't want another fuss raised about my size and so I just took pictures and chilled. We took the bus back in the evening and got home in time for a late dinner. I went to back to Muang Thong with Pun and we had dinner at the market before I went home to crash.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Changes in the Flight Plan
  • Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad
  • Le Petit Prince
  • Oh's Exciting Face
  • Happy Birthday Evan
  • I've Seen a Horse Fly I've Seen a Shoe Fly but I'v...
  • Nothing Phenomenal
  • Different Ideas of Beauty
  • One Month As Of Today
  • Goodbye Madeleine
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox