
When I woke up I immediately got on the computer so that I could finish catching up on my blogs. Unfortunately, I wasn't very diligent in my writing because I was so tired from my late night the night before and I kept on going back to my bed and "resting my eyes". I did this pretty much on and off all day. Usually on Fridays I will go and meet Oh at Magic Years school and we'll plan our lesson for Baha'i children's classes but she phoned me to tell me she wouldn't be able to make it today because she was out in Ayuthaya province visiting her brother. I planned a relaxed lesson on my own because I wasn't sure if I would have any translator helping me and the kids don't really know very much English.
The children's classes went ok. We finished writing the stories we were working on last class and read them to the younger class, every thing was pretty relaxed.
After class I came back to my room and lay down on my bed to write some letters and postcards and an hour and a half later I woke up with my pen still in my hand. Of course since I'd had so many day time naps I wasn't tired now that it was night and so had another late night. I only had four more blogs until I was up to date so I wrote while also chatting to Adina and went to bed around 2am. I will have to keep myself up during the day tomorrow so that I won't be continuing my new pattern of being up at night and asleep during the day.
Thank you to the anonymous shoutbox smiler, it's very cute. And to May: I emailed you, I hope that you received it I want to keep in touch too.
Today's picture is another of the Mekong, check out this huge boat. My friend Oh was telling me that there is a belief that a Naga lives in the Mekong River and that he shoots a fire ball in the air at the end of Buddhist lent. People also make sacrifices to the river to thank it for they way it supports thier livelyhood. I find the many stories of the Naga really interesting, the Naga is important in stories in Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos (probably other Asian countries as well). I guess I've always been interested in mythology though.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home