Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Duck Feet




This morning's class was pretty slow since there is an event going on in the school right now and only five students were in class. We mostly played games since we didn't want to do too much of a lesson with twenty-five students absent. I think they had fun.

When I got home I got ready to go out with Oh, Pun and Patty and then headed out to meet them. They took me to a market I'd never been to before that had a lot of really nice stuff.

After the market we went to a mall where Oh and I got hair cuts. The hair cut experience was really different here. I went in and they washed my hair (normal so far), and then the guy came up looked at my hair gave me a book and got me to point at the picture. I'm sure he didn't even really see the picture because before I finished telling him what I wanted my hair cut was over. I think it turned out ok anyway.

After our hair was beautified Oh and I found Pun and Patty and we all went out for dinner. We had a great time and I was told that I wasn't like a farang (a high compliment) and was even told I was like a Thai (which coming from Thais is pretty awesome). I wasn't like a farang because I didn't freak when the cockroach walked across our table and I was willing to try every food put in front of me. I was told I was like a Thai because I could eat everything spicy and I liked the duck feet (they tasted really good). Good Nai.

I had a great time out with the ladies, they're very sweet and so much fun. The only thing is I need to learn more Thai so I can be more actively involved in conversation. Ah well I'm getting there.

Oh, also when I was out I found a copy of The Velveteen Rabbit which is a book I loved when I was a kid and so I bought it. Maybe Etana will like it too.

Today's picture is of a cow I met in Cambodia. I loved the Cambodian cows they are so skinny and nice looking.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • The Brief Return of Jenny
  • A Day With Lynne
  • Happy Birthday Canada
  • Green Curry and Dancing
  • Party At The Airport
  • Good Bye Rae and Pat
  • Look At Me I'm a Transportation Pro
  • Lazy Monday
  • A Long but Fun Sunday
  • Hollywood Sweet
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox