Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Look At Me I'm a Transportation Pro




Today was a monumental day! I only teach one class on Tuesdays and it's in the morning so after school I went into Bangkok to pick up my ticket to Africa. The area of town where I had to pick up my ticket was way on the opposite end from Nonthaburi and it was an area I had never walked around before, but I found my way down there and didn't get lost. I did walk the long way around one of the block to get to my destination but that is really as lost as I got. I know that sounds pretty exciting already but the story doesn't end there, oh no it does not. Next I decided that I had a craving for Persian food and so I took the BTS from Riverside area transferred train lines and got to Sukumvit area via Nana station and walked straight to the Persian restaurant that I had visited with Shar and Ridvan a month ago again with out getting lost! I had a really wonderful filling lunch and then I took myself out for coffee and went home all the while in full confidence and not getting lost once! I think that that is worth celebration! I can find my way around Bangkok now without any troubles. Also, I picked up my ticket to Africa so I'm really really going now, September 29th, isn't that crazy!

The other thing that was fantastic about today was that it was the final day of taking malarone. Yay for me. Unfortunately, I learned that I'll need to take it again when I go to Laos unless I plan on only going to the capital... which I am not. Curses.

Taadaa! Aren't you proud of me and my transportation success? I sure am.


Also I failed to mention in my first update of today's post that it was also Rae's going away party. We had a lot of fun and ate a lot of food and then sang some songs. It was really a nice little party.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Lazy Monday
  • A Long but Fun Sunday
  • Hollywood Sweet
  • Yay Kara and Robbie
  • Today May Be Boring but The Weekend Will Be Busy
  • Back to Everyday Life
  • Returning to Thailand
  • Stupid Tummy: Quit Trying to Ruin My Day
  • Banteay Day
  • So Much to See
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox