Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hollywood Sweet




I woke up early and finished writing my post cards. At the temples I bought 39 post cards and so had many communications to write, if I have your address you received a post card.

Robbie and I met up for lunch and decided to spend the afternoon together. We had Feast to go to at 4:30pm but had plenty of hang out time before we had to be there and since it was a rainy day out we decided to be chill and go to a movie. Going to a movie in Thailand is something else, or at least something way different in Canada.

We looked online and planned to watch Wolf Creek but when we arrived at the theatre we found that the web page was a liar and that movie was not an option. We picked the only other english movie that wasn't The Fast and the Furious 3 and with our time constraints. This movie was playing in the "Hollywood Sweet" (I thought it was "Hollywood Suite" but I was wrong). Not knowing what this theatre was we picked it, it was more expensive so I assumed it was swankier. I found that that doesn't even cover what this theatre is like. There isn't rush seating here and you pick your chairs before hand, we went to pick ours and it was one for two people. We then proceeded to find the theatre and found that it had it's own private mini bar and someone to escort us to our seat. Our seat was a reclining love seat! The guy even reclined our seat for us! We were served a wicker basket full of popcorn and a really syrupy drink with two straws. We had ended up in the "date" theatre and we were the only two there, it was hilarious. The topper though is the movie we were there to see.... Scary Movie 4. How romantic is that!? We had a good laugh over the whole situation, oye.

After our bad movie and funny theatre experience we went to the Feast which was followed by the bi-election for a new Assembly member as Rae is leaving. Erfan was elected to the Assembly.

We went to dinner after the election and then after that Robbie, Erfan and I went to 7-11 for treats and beverages. We all went back to my room to hang out, Erfan called it a night early and Robbie and I watched some football for a while.

Today's picture is another from the Bayon temple.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Yay Kara and Robbie
  • Today May Be Boring but The Weekend Will Be Busy
  • Back to Everyday Life
  • Returning to Thailand
  • Stupid Tummy: Quit Trying to Ruin My Day
  • Banteay Day
  • So Much to See
  • Hello Cambodia
  • Cambodia Here I Come!
  • Bummed
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox