
I woke up early and prepared for the Assembly meeting at 9am. The meeting was ok, we ended around 10:30am. Afterwards I met up with Robbie and we hung out for a bit. Robbie had plans with some of his friends living in Bangkok and I had to meet up with Oh, Pun, Rae and Pat (Rae's husband) for an outing to the museum.
The museum is a place where you have to dress nicely so I changed out of my slobby clothing and into a skirt and ran off to meet up with my friends. Rae and Pat live close to my house so we went together and met Oh and Pun at Victory Monument. We grabbed some food and then went to the National Museum. We went into the first building and walked around, it was the Thai history building and I learned about archeology in Thailand and the history of Sukothai as well as Ayatthuya. There were some very interesting artifacts and a lot of interesting information (in English I might add, though the translations were sometimes funny) but there was too much information and I reached the point where I couldn't read any more before the end. It was a big building and we thought we saw a lot but when we opened the map we realized that we only saw one tiny section of a much larger picture. Rae and Pat had dinner plans so we went out to coffee instead of continuing on. After coffee they left for their dinner and Oh and Pun took me for some Thai food for dinner. The food was great and I even ate all of the spicy foods they ordered (and some of it was pretty roasty). We ate on Khao San but we didn't shop which was good since I'd already done that with Kara and the place just isn't really my scene for long hours. We decided to return to dance this coming Friday but that's different, I'm excited to go dancing!
After dinner I left Oh and Pun and went to meet Kara since it was her last day in Thailand and I wanted to say goodbye and thank her for the lovely visit. I hung out with Kara until about 10pm and then I took a taxi home so I could see Robbie because he was also leaving the next morning at 6am and I wanted to say goodbye to him in case I'm not still in Thailand when he returns.
I'd pretty much been out of my apartment since 9am and so I was pretty tired so as soon as I said good night to Robbie and Erfan I crashed out for the evening.
Today's picture is of some carvings at Angkor Wat.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home