Thursday, June 29, 2006

Party At The Airport




This morning we taught grade 7b and it didn't go great but it went ok. After class we have a really long break until leadership club. My parent's going away party was underway in St.Albert and so I phoned and was able to talk to my entire family which was nice, though a little hectic and it was getting later there and Etana was getting tired I think.

After talking on the phone I went to the market to pick up some fruit for Ben. Ben is a youth who is passing through Bangkok this evening on his way to Yasothon, since he has a 7 hour lay-over from 11pm to 6am I emailed him and told him I'd meet him at the airport and hang out all night. Since I would be staying up all night I slept on a class room floor for a good hour of our break and then went into leadership club. The activities that I had planned went really well and the students had a lot of fun. I really like leadership club, the students there seem to really like and respect me. My other classes have some students to like and respect me the tone of the whole class isn't like that and I often feel like they couldn't care less and have no troubles being rude to me. I did forget to mention yesterday thought that my grade 8b class apologized to me, I know that their home room teacher, Mark, put them up to it but it still felt nice to hear it (especially since they did it as individuals instead of parroting a sorry as a class).

In the evening I cancelled tutoring book one because I had to be up late and after dinner had another nap to prepare for staying up all night.

I got up around 9pm and got ready to go out and then headed to the airport around 10:45pm. Ben was easy to find and very chatty so we chilled on some couches, enjoyed some fruit and coffee, and talked about music, writing, friends etc... We sat on these couches with a sign that said "Can Not Sleep" made jokes about it all evening, it looks like the statement is craving some punctuation.

I got home from the "Airport Party" at 6:30am on Friday morning so that is where I'll leave off the blog for today. It's weird to know when to stop when writing when you stay up all night because it really just feels like one really long day.

Lately I know I have been all backed up on blogs. Even though some of my posts have been brief I have been really busy and have been having a bit of a rough time lately making it harder to concentrate on writing. I think I'm back in the groove now (lets hope) and when I finally get caught up it'll be easier to keep up to date with only one post per evening to write. I do ask that people excuse the messing up of tenses (and probably grammar and spelling as well) in the posts for the past week or two, since I'm writing days after the fact and I usually write on the current day I'm messing up tenses all over the place (or at least it feels that way).

Today's picture is another from Ta Prohm, check out the awesomeness of trees.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Good Bye Rae and Pat
  • Look At Me I'm a Transportation Pro
  • Lazy Monday
  • A Long but Fun Sunday
  • Hollywood Sweet
  • Yay Kara and Robbie
  • Today May Be Boring but The Weekend Will Be Busy
  • Back to Everyday Life
  • Returning to Thailand
  • Stupid Tummy: Quit Trying to Ruin My Day
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox