
This morning I woke up with a scratchy throat and a headache and over the day it got worse and so now I'm feeling a little bit like road kill. That being said I'm going to try to keep today's story brief even though a lot happened today.
In the mid morning I went with Lynne and Kung (a woman who worked with Lynne at Magic Years) to the tailor, which is an easy bus trip down Chaengwattana from my home. I went to get a blouse made (I had bought material a few weeks ago) and a couple of skirts made out of the Thai silk that I had bought at Impact a month ago. I had wanted to also get one of my skirt's hems fixed but when I put the skirt on to show her how it needed fixing I realized that I had lost weight and my skirt didn't fit me any more! I knew I was thinning out but I didn't realize that I wouldn't fit some of my clothing any more. This woman who is making my new clothing showed me some of her original work and she is really an artist. She is going to make me a few other shirts in one of the really neat styles she showed me today and since she doesn't really fancy dresses I may get her to make me up something really beautiful. I was surprised to hear that to make up my new blouse and one skirt it would be less than 1000 baht and so I'm definitely going to get a few other things made.
We went back to our building for a bit and I had a nap while Kung picked up her son from school (he had only had a half day of school today).
After about an hour of good solid sleeping they woke me up and we decided to go to Bangkok. We went to Nonthaburi Thani, took the water taxi to China town, and walked through to reach the Indian section of Bangkok. The Indian section was wonderful and I bought some cloth there for another skirt to be made and I had also bought some Chinese silk (in a shop on the border of India town and China town) to be used for either a skirt or a dress (depending on how much she needs for a dress).
We went out for some lovely Indian food for dinner and then I rushed back to Nonthaburi to help with the Friday night children's classes. We drew pictures showing kindness and played a game, my picture was of a dog and a cat sharing the same water dish and being friends.
Right now I have a bit of a fever and I'm really tired. The plan is to go to bed early today, sleep in tomorrow, and then... who knows.
I know I have been posting many flower pictures lately but since I live in the city it's hard to find pretty pictures of nature and the flowers are easier to find since people keep them in pots all over the place. The flowers and plants here are so beautiful and I wish I had more to show everyone in Canada but there is so much concrete around and I don't always want city pictures.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home