Monday, June 05, 2006

DEW+WHO=DIME




Last night I had a coughing fit through most of the night and got very little sleep. I thought that this coughing fit would make me feel really crappy today but surprisingly enough I felt a bit better, but tired. I guess the coughing was cleansing, though it did leave my throat rather raw and consequently my voice has an unpleasant rasp to it, boo.

I tried to sleep in as late as possible so that I could go to school feeling some what rested. It wouldn't say my efforts were terribly successful. I woke up feeling really gross and sweaty, in the way that you're sweaty when you're sick, and even after a cool shower I didn't feel totally refreshed. The temperature outside was hot but it wasn't muggy, which was nice. The heat here is less bearable on the days with high humidity. I think it was about 36-37 degrees (Celsius) today but it was a dryer heat and that made lovely. It's a cool 30 outside right now, down right chilly! Hehehe I just thought I'd throw that in, though the joke will be one me when I freezy my tuckus off returning to Edmonton in November. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler than today, it's predicted to be at 34 degrees, but I best not rub it in too much because I've probably already earned myself the coldest November in Alberta history with all of my joking around. Anyway, it may rain here tomorrow which will mean we may have the sticky humidity back. Eck.

My class today wasn't great due to my illness. I had wanted to plan some good activities for my classes, but since I spent the weekend sleeping I didn't spend it planning out awesome classes. I tried to teach the lesson in an interactive way but the students didn't want to listen, were acting a bit rude, and on top of that my voice was too weak from the coughing making it so that I couldn't be properly heard. Oye! I didn't feel great about how this class went which does suck a bit extra since I won't see them for three weeks now. The class next week is cancelled due to the King's celebration, the class after that I'll be in Cambodia and someone will cover me, so I won't see them until the class after that one! I guess that gives me time to really plan out a rockin' good class.

Eden, the woman with whom I taught summer school, works in the math lab and gave me a math puzzle today. I have to preface the presentation of the puzzle with information concerning my mathematical prowess. There is no prowess. I am in the mathematically challenged category, shocking I know, but none the less true. I do like puzzles though, so I gave it a go. I want to say now that I did solve it and I'll post my answer after the story of today's picture at the end of this entry. So if you want to solve this on your own and check if I'm right then don't scroll down too quickly or it'll be spoiled for you. Also, if you finish the problem in 0.0000001 seconds humor me and tell me it took you a minute because then I won't feel too bad about the fact that I took it home to work on it. I will show Eden my good work tomorrow. Hey, at least I solved it correctly (I think).

Ready for the problem? No? Oh well, here it is any way in all it's glory, yes glory:


DEW + WHO = DIME
The numbers you can use for the equation are: 0 9 1 3 6 4 2



The rest of my day? Not much really happened. I phoned the National Baha'i Centre of Canada in Toronto to tell them how I was doing in Thailand, and I had a lovely chat with Marjorie. I've also worked on my lesson for tomorrow , worked out the math problem, and am writing my blog (obviously). Tonight is pretty low key all in all, and I am still sick so it'll be an early to bed kinda night.

Oh, also in exciting news: I confirmed my ticket to Africa as well as my ticket back to Canada, as of today! I'll see my parents in Africa September 30th and I'll see you Canadians again in November.

The monkey shown in my photo is in a garden at Wat Phra Kaeo. What I found interesting about him is that there is a little monkey hanging off his right arm (or maybe he is pulling on his arm) near his elbow, there is another little one crouching behind/beside him, on his left side, and then there is a bigger one back to back with him. He looks simple from far away, just crouching in the garden, but he seems to have a lot going on.


My answer to the math puzzle:

139 + 924 = 1063
D = 1, E = 3, W = 9, H = 2, O = 4, I = 0, M = 6


*Also don't be afraid of using the shoutbox it doesn't hurt and its your chance to give an opinion since I'm here typing away to you nearly every day


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • SSSiiiiiiiccckkk Part 2
  • SSSSiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccckkkk
  • Trip to the Tailor
  • Waiting Day
  • Good Day at School
  • Dentist Day
  • Urg
  • Market Fruits
  • Curse You USB Port!
  • Thanks Shar and Ridvan!
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox