Friday, September 01, 2006

I've Seen a Horse Fly I've Seen a Shoe Fly but I've Never Seen a Dragonfly This BIG




During the day I didn't do all that much. I spend the morning chatting, lounging and cleaning my filthy apartment. Nothing thrilling but low key and the cleaning was pretty necessary. In the afternoon I went to Magic Years to meet up with Oh R. so that we could plan our Baha'i children's class lesson for this evening. I had already planned most of the lesson so we went over what I'd planned and then went with the other Oh for something to eat. We went to the the market in Muang Thong where we met up with Pun and had a feast. We ate Som Tam, some raw muscles in super hot chili sauce, a shredded-dried-fried fish in a spicy salad, and some tasty desert. Thought the dried fried fish doesn't sound (or really look) appetizing it was really very tasty. Everything except the desert was hot but I believe I held my own and the clams were really quite tasty mmmmmm.

After children's classes Oh and I went out for junk food. We planned on having some ice cream in honour of my friend Evan's birthday (we were mostly looking for an excuse to eat ice cream) but the shop was closed so we wandered around and found a Starbucks and had coffee jelly frappuccinos. These frappuccinos are kind of like bubble tea a la coffee jelly instead of tapioca and blended coffee beverage instead of tea, they were tasty. I heard something flapping it's wings outside the window and looked out to see the biggest dragonfly I have ever seen! I was so pleased that I had brought my camera and went out and took some photos of it. Isn't he lovely? Oh took the photo shown here, it was too hard to take a picture of him on my hand myself and I don't think Oh really wanted to hold him. I put more pictures on the photo page, including one that I took at arms length of me and the dragonfly together.


Oh the bracelet I'm wearing is the "I Love the King" bracelet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Nothing Phenomenal
  • Different Ideas of Beauty
  • One Month As Of Today
  • Goodbye Madeleine
  • A Long Day of Nothing
  • A Day Out with Tabz and Madeleine
  • New Skirts
  • Monkeys On A Boat
  • My Own Personal Pharmacy
  • Soo Sleepy
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox