Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Difficult Classes




Today was a very long day, I had three classes of students who didn't want to listen, were rowdy and who 'forgot' their books at home, ugh. During my last class I was so frustrated I just sat with the five students that wanted to actually do the lesson and taught the lesson in one corner of the class while the rest of the students went nutty. I'm not very good at classroom management and I'm not a trained teacher, it's so frustrating sometimes. I send out a lot of respect to teachers who are good at what they do, seriously! On my breaks at school I read my book and wrote a few letters and tried to think of ways I could get my classes under control. Erfan is still out of town and not back until next week so I'm teaching solo this week which is fine, it's just today that was especially frustrating because the students just wont listen. Sometimes I will say something to a student while they're standing there looking me in the eyes and then they still won't listen and go back to whatever it was they were doing, ugh.

In the evening I mailed Etana another present and sent out a few letters and then went to see Thong for coffee and a visit.

Today's picture is another of the wonderful Mekong. It's such a beautiful and fast flowing river. Also if you want to compare the colours of the two rivers the picture for the day before yesterday was the Nam Khan and you can just scroll down and check out the difference.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • The Walking Dead
  • The Peas
  • The Market
  • Lazy Saturday
  • Heart
  • Back in Nonthaburi
  • Waitin' Around
  • The Best Sandwich Ever
  • My Last Day In Luang Prabang
  • It's Very Good
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox