
I woke up semi early but spent the morning reading instead of doing anything very productive. I had to teach grade 9b in the afternoon and made my way over to the school in the early afternoon.
All but three of my students had forgotten their books at home and so I really couldn't teach the lesson. We talked about the comprehension test I was going to give them the next week and then I agreed to the idea of going outside to play some basketball. I was wearing my usual skirt, dress shirt and heels that I have to wear as a teacher at the school but I just took off my shoes and played basketball in my bare feet. I had a good talk and visit with some of the students and we spent the hour playing and joking around. Some of my students were amazed that I was going to the Black Eyed Peas concert that evening.
After class I went home and got changed for the concert, and went out to meet Oh for dinner. Oh and I had communication issues and I ended up walking all around Muang Thong and the Impact arena before we managed to find one another. We still had time for dinner and so ate in the Impact cafeteria and went into the concert.
The opening group was Buddha Bless, a Thai rap/reggae group (as far as I've heard the only Thai rap/reggae group). They were pretty fun though the balance of their sound was off and their voices were being drowned out by the base.
There was a break that was much to long between when Buddha Bless left the stage and the Black Eyed Peas came on, but when the Peas finally did get on the stage the Impact had filled up and the crowd was full of energy. They put on a pretty fun show, Oh and I danced a bunch. It was the last show of their Asia tour and the energy was great! Fergie was a bit scary but on the whole every member was pretty entertaining just some much more than others.
After the concert it was raining out so Oh and I went out for noodle soup, we were hungry from dancing and wanted to try to wait out the rain. When then rain wouldn't let up we gave in and took a motorcycle taxi to Chaengwattana where we each caught taxis to hour homes.
Today's picture is of the Nam Khan as seen from my regular perch at the lookout on Phu Si.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home