Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Best Sandwich Ever




When the bus pulled into Vientiane it was around 6:30am. Everyone was going into the town centre so I shared a tuk-tuk into town and found myself a guest house near the fountain. Once I got my room settled and had grabbed a quick breakfast I went to the Thai embassy to apply for my visa. The guy at the embassy who helped me fill out my form and do all of the particulars asked me if I was single and was awfully forward, oye! I was told that they'd only give me a two month tourist visa which is fine though it expires six days before I fly out to Africa and so I'll have to apply for an extension of my visa at Thai immigration in Bangkok.

After the trip to the embassy I got cleaned up, had some lunch,walked around a bit, and bought my train ticket from Nong Khai to Bangkok leaving the next evening. For lunch I went to the Scandanavian bakery and had the most fantastic sandwich! It was on a croissant and was just salami and veggies but everything was so fresh and so good!

The plan I had for the afternoon was to get a massage but I decided to go back to my guest house and lie down for a bit. "A bit" turned into several hours and I woke up in the early evening. I walked around some more, looked in some shops and eventually took myself out for some good Indian food for dinner. I didn't stay out very late, as I was still groggy. Instead I went back to the guest house and listened to some music, wrote more letters, and fell back asleep for the night.

Today's picture is from the day I took the boat ride across the Mekong and it rained on me on the opposite bank... Can you believe I actually took a boat ride with the sky looking like this?! Oye, that sweet talking boatman!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • My Last Day In Luang Prabang
  • It's Very Good
  • Volleyball with the Monks
  • Everyone is So Friendly
  • The Road to Luang Prabang
  • Hello Laos
  • The Train Ride That Almost Wasn't
  • Welcome to the World Sophie Lucille
  • Chili Face
  • Have a Safe Trip Mom and Dad
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox