Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Market




On Thursday I failed to mention that I started reading a book that my parents and Adina had sent me in the mail. It's a book I would never chose for myself but Adina had heard that it was good so I decided I'd give it a chance. I spent most of today reading this book, even though I wouldn't have picked it up it was somehow entrancing, like a car accident you can't stop rubber necking at. I spent most of my day reading my book with a few breaks to go to the night market and to plan my lesson for my Monday class.

The night market was a good time, I hadn't been to the market in Kor Tor Mor in a while because I'd been out of town or busy but it's so close that I decided to go. This is the market I was taken to my first night in Thailand, it runs every Sunday and Wednesday night and is usually packed with people. I bought some coconut juice with peices of coconut flesh floating in it, as well as some bananas, a bag of sticky rice and some chicken on a stick for dinner. I'll miss markets when I go back to Canada, I was realizing how much I was taking for granted the fact that I can just walk out to the fruit stand or the sticky rice/chicken on a stick stand and get something tasty and fresh.

Today's picture is of a woman who was selling embroidered bags at the night market in Luang Prabang.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Lazy Saturday
  • Heart
  • Back in Nonthaburi
  • Waitin' Around
  • The Best Sandwich Ever
  • My Last Day In Luang Prabang
  • It's Very Good
  • Volleyball with the Monks
  • Everyone is So Friendly
  • The Road to Luang Prabang
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox