Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back in Nonthaburi




My train pulled in around 6am and though I had just woken up and was still groggy I managed to collect my bags and get off at the stop closest to Nonthaburi instead of heading too far into Bangkok. I was glad I had managed to get to an ATM before boarding the train because now I had the cash available for a cab ride home.

Once I got home I had my much needed shower, did some laundry and had a nap. I didn't really do much with the day chatted, wrote emails, slept.

I usually tutor Ruhi book one on Thursday nights but the woman who attends told me that she got a new job and would have to put other things on hold until she got used to her new schedule. I was a bit disappointed, especially since I left Luang Prabang so that I could tutor this Thursday night. Ah well, I got over it quickly and just had a relaxing evening. Hopefully we'll pick up book one again soon, I've been really enjoying tutoring. I shouldn't stress about leaving Luang Prabang because I'll go back to Luang Prabang when I return to Asia, maybe I can live there or if not I'll at least visit for a couple of weeks.

I nearly forgot the highlight of the day! When I got home from Laos I had an email waiting for me in my email inbox asking me if one of my photos could be published in a world heritage book! I'm pretty excited that people are enjoying my photos (thanks to those of you who have complimented my photography in the past).

Today's picture is from my second boat ride on the Mekong, isn't it a gorgeous river?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Waitin' Around
  • The Best Sandwich Ever
  • My Last Day In Luang Prabang
  • It's Very Good
  • Volleyball with the Monks
  • Everyone is So Friendly
  • The Road to Luang Prabang
  • Hello Laos
  • The Train Ride That Almost Wasn't
  • Welcome to the World Sophie Lucille
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox