Friday, July 28, 2006

Heart




Today was off to a slow start, I slept in and relaxed for most of the morning. In the afternoon I went to see Oh so that we could plan our children's class for that evening. We planned pretty quickly, sat around and chatted and then walked to my apartment.

The children's classes went well though it's very difficult for me to actually teach because it's in Thai and since Oh is teaching she doesn't always have the time to translate for me. The conversation gets away from me and I don't know what we're talking about or what to do to contribute to the teaching.

After class Oh and I went out for dinner at this place where you take plates and plates of raw foods and cook them at your table in all you can eat fashion. I ate many prawns and was even adventurous enough to taste pig heart. The heart wasn't horrible, it was kind of tasteless actually, but I didn't like the texture and I wouldn't order it for myself in the future.

The days following a trip are always slow because I'm often just getting back into the groove. Laos has left me feeling especially disoriented.

Today's picture is of the boys that I met when I wandered into the gravel road area of Luang Prabang and then again on the top of Phu Si.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Back in Nonthaburi
  • Waitin' Around
  • The Best Sandwich Ever
  • My Last Day In Luang Prabang
  • It's Very Good
  • Volleyball with the Monks
  • Everyone is So Friendly
  • The Road to Luang Prabang
  • Hello Laos
  • The Train Ride That Almost Wasn't
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox