
This morning I woke up early and got ready for school as per my usual routine. As I was finishing getting dressed Tabitha showed up! I was expecting her arrival and was very excited to see her! She asked if she could come to our grade nine class and of course I said yes so she got ready and joined Erfan and I on our trip to school. The class was a lot of fun and Tabz is really very dynamic and fun and the students all really liked her. I'm amazed at how much Thai she's picked up and am a bit embarrassed that I haven't managed to pick up as much since I've been here longer. Tabitha is passing through Nonthaburi on her flight out of Thailand, her destinations being Singapore and the Philippines. After class we came home and Tabitha and I got a chance to visit while I packed for my trip to Laos.
Later in the afternoon I went off to meet Oh for us to pick up our concert tickets, have dinner and grab a coffee. Since I was going to the train station right after our visit I carried around all of my luggage which was cumbersome but ah well. Unfortunately, Oh and I got a little distracted by our conversation and at 8:10pm I realised the time and we had to rush to catch the underground train (the MRT) which would take us to the actual train station. Alas my train was leaving at 8:45pm and we were about ten stops away from the station. By the time we got to the station and ran to my platform I had already missed my train by about ten minutes!
I thought I was out of luck and didn't know what I would do because my Thai visa expires tomorrow. Luckily, Oh spoke to a motorcycle taxi driver who said he'd rush me to the next station. So now here is the picture: me on the back of a motorcycle with a goofy helmet, holding on to my small bag and my large back pack being held by the driver between his legs and the handle bars. If this image isn't enough imagine us like this on this bike travelling at crazy speeds through Bangkok streets fitting through narrow, seemingly impossible gaps in traffic and miraculously arriving at the next station with enough time for me to hop on the train as it begins to pull away! Like a scene out of a movie! The motorcycle taxi diver did charge me more then he told Oh he would but I didn't have time to fight with him and he wouldn't show me which of the three was my train unless I paid up so I just did.
I sent Oh a text message when I was on the train to tell her I made it, she was pleased that I got on the train and said that at least I'd have something to write about... haha. She was also a bit upset that I was so over charged but ah well at least I got on and was able to get out of Thailand on my proper day instead of paying the fee for missing my exit date.
Happy Birthday to Clover who is one year old today! Happy Day to her parents as well who have been really awesome parents in this their first year of parenthood!
Today's picture is of the Patuxai in Vientiane. It's made out of cement that was supposed to go towards building an airport.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home