Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm really going to Laos Now




This morning I woke up early so that I could go into Bangkok to the Laos Embassy to get my visa. I took an incredibly crowded bus to Victory monument where I was going to take the 168 bus but after that first long and crowded bus ride I decided to just take a cab. I got to the embassy within a good amount of time. I had been to this embassy once before (if you remember I went back in early April with Jenny) and I was surprised to find that I remembered the area. The visa process was really easy. I had the same official that Jenny did when she got her visa but this time he was happy and smiled at me, and the process was faster this time.

Once I had my visa in my hot little hands I went to MBK to my favorite stationary store where I bought a ton of extremely exciting cute paper! I know that for many people the stationary store isn't terribly exciting but this one really is, there are so many cool and cute paper products on every shelf! I bought some fun little extras as well this time. I love it! I should hit the post office soon too because I have about ten letters and a small packaged to send in the mail, and some have time concerns.

When I got home I had a bit of a nap since I was really tired, I talked on the phone, and then went to teach Baha'i children's classes with Oh.

When classes were over we got all dressed up to go out and went dancing at a place called Santika on Ekkemai road between soi 9 and soi 11 (odd sois are on one side of the road and evens on the other). The music was great. We met up with Oh's sister and her friends, two of which were also from Edmonton (weird). The night started off really slow and when it finally got good they closed it down, boo. I think I enjoyed Immortal better over all the music was just as good there and there was room for dancing. There are two other dance clubs that Oh goes to and so next time we're going to a different one.

Thank you Mandy for your sweet comment, I'm really glad that you have been enjoying the blog. I'm always surprised at the number of people who read it, thanks to everyone for reading along.

Taes of course I remember you! My sweet Korean friend. I found a picture of you and May at Pre Rup and posted it today in honour of your post in the shout box.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Good Bye Kendyl
  • Eleventyone
  • An Absolutely Thrilling Day
  • Thai Living
  • Martyrdom of the Bab
  • Partying Karaoke Style
  • Have a Fun Trip Pun
  • Man of Metropolis
  • No Tolerance for Cold
  • Duck Feet
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox