
This morning started with an Assembly meeting and then lunch with Erfan, Vaughan and Sunantha. I really love Sunantha she's very sweet and funny.
During the afternoon I really didn't do very much, I did some laundry (which was much needed) and talked on the phone. I was supposed to clean my apartment but really, that didn't happen. Ah well.
In the evening I went over to my friend Eden's house (you may remember we taught summer school together in April). It was Eden's husband's birthday party and so I went ate some excellent Filipino food and sang a lot of karaoke. The karaoke machine that they own is really funny and rates your performance at the end. My first solo performance earned me a 76/100 and my second earned me a 97/100 which was the best of the night at that point. It was really fun. I had to leave early because Erfan came with me and needed to leave early but I was invited to another party with the same crowd Monday night and so I'll probably go.
Tomorrow night there won't be a post (I'll post it sometime on Monday or Tuesday) because I'm going with Oh to Ayutthya province to stay over at her Uncle's. You may remember that I went to her Uncle's place in late April (maybe it was early May?). Oh's brother just became a monk last weekend and this Monday and Tuesday there is a holiday and merit making ceremony because it's the beginning of Buddhist lent. I've been invited to join Oh's family to make food for the merit making ceremony and to go early to her brother's monastery for the big ceremony. I'm so excited to sleep in a traditional Thai-style house and shower outside and see how Thai living is outside the main city.
Thank you Jayne (cloversgamma) for the shoutbox comment. I'm glad my parents had such a nice visit with you and everyone they've seen in Ontario. I'm as proud of them as they are of me. I'm sure they're adventure will be pretty exciting.
This picture is of Phnom Krom which is on top of the mountain that I saw the sunrise from on my last day in Cambodia.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home