Monday, July 17, 2006

Welcome to the World Sophie Lucille




This morning I took it easy. Oh came over for a short bit, I talked to both of my sisters on the phone, and then I went out for an early lunch with Erfan. I'm really excited for my trip tomorrow though I want to remind people that this means that I won't be posting for a week or so, though I will be keeping a journal on the road and will post as soon as I have the energy to type it all out.

Our grade nines were working outside in the school garden where they were working on planting rice for the King. The grade 9 and 10 students have been working on this since the beginning of the school term, it takes a lot of work since they have to dig out the garden and remodel it so that it is deep enough for the rice to grow properly. Our students were so into their work that they asked us if they could continue through our class. Since our lesson today was supposed to be about service and this garden was an act of service for the King and the school we let them continue and spent the hour outside helping them and learning from them, it was really fun.

This evening I sent out a whole bunch of letters and a package and went to Carrefour supermarket to buy some fruit for Tabitha for breakfast since she'll be here tomorrow morning (yay). It's too bad that I won't be able to spend too much time with her because I leave for Laos but at least we'll have most of the day together because my class is early and my train is late so I have most of the day free.

In exciting news my friends Michelle and Michael had their baby and she's adorable. Her name, as you may have guessed from today's title, is Sophie Lucille. Check out there blog where I'm sure a picture or two will be posted soon.

Tonight I have a surprise one night roommate that I wasn't expecting which is ok but my room isn't ready (I was going to clean later tonight for Tabitha coming tomorrow).

I bet everyone is glad I'm going away because it'll be an end to the Cambodia pictures and something new will be posted when I photograph Laos. I know I posted this tree before, but here it is with a monk, and I think a person puts the size into scale a bit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Chili Face
  • Have a Safe Trip Mom and Dad
  • I'm really going to Laos Now
  • Good Bye Kendyl
  • Eleventyone
  • An Absolutely Thrilling Day
  • Thai Living
  • Martyrdom of the Bab
  • Partying Karaoke Style
  • Have a Fun Trip Pun
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox