
This morning I went to the tailor to pick up my stuff but it wasn't completely finished. I had a fitting for my skirt and I dropped off some new material for my another skirt that the tailor told me she thought would look good on me. It's a beautiful skirt. All of my things will be ready on Thursday the 15th of June.
I currently have a short term roommate named Oceana, she did the same volunteer work as I am doing now six months ago and is now just passing through Nonthaburi on her way home to the U.S. I don't teach on Fridays and today was a public holiday for the King's sixtieth anniversary on the throne so Oceana and I went out for the day. We did a bit of shopping and went out for a late lunch and then we came home.
This evening children's classes went well, the kids were being really funny and we all danced at the end of class.
After children's classes I went to grab a quick coffee across the street and ended up staying for an hour talking to Tong (the cute coffee guy) and his really sweet girlfriend and watching tennis with them. They're really fun to hang out with, I'm glad we're becoming friends... and they're close to my age.
Today i finally got the package my Mom and Dad sent me! Thank you Mom and Dad! I was so excited to receive it the books look interesting, the tampons and blister packs will be useful (as will the computer chord), and the blouse fits perfectly.
Tomorrow Oceana leaves and Erfan (my new partner in service at the school) arrives. I hope he and I get on well. It will be really nice to have a peer in the community, and one that will be sticking around for a longer period of time.
Happy FIFA to those of you who are football (err... soccer) fans out there! I hope that I get to watch some. Whooow!
Today's picture is of a sign at the royal palace in Bang Pa-In, just outside of Bangkok. The wording is kinda cute.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home