
I got up early and after a lovely chat online with Mattea and Etana I left to meet Kara. Unfortunately, once I got to Victory Monument the 509 bus was not coming and so I had to suck it up and take a cab since I was already running late.
Being the ex-sbux employees that we are we met at the Starbucks on Kaoh San road. Kaoh San is really famous in the backpacking community but I'm glad this is the first time I've actually spent time there, there are more foreigners than Thais and it's not really a place I want to hang out too often. My Thai friends say it's good for dancing so I'll go back for that and occasional trips with them but on a whole I won't seek it out as the place to be. Kara and I did have a lovely coffee though and a good little walk around while we waited to pick the beautiful suit and coat she had made at the tailor. I bought some head bands and a skirt but on a whole I can get things cheaper at the other markets so I didn't bother shopping too much.
After Khao San Kara and I just went to her hotel since she was now carrying around her newly made clothing. It was nice to chat and visit and have lunch. Kara is a lot of fun and it was nice to relax for a bit and visit.
I had to leave Kara around 4pm because she needed to go try on her Piglet head and I needed to get back to Nonthaburi for children's classes. We didn't have actual classes because it was Rae's last weekend in town and since she was a teacher of children's class (I'm taking over her class actually) we had a going away party.
The party was lovely and Robbie came and it was nice to see him. My stomach decided to rebel right when the party started and so I wasn't able to stay long, curses. It did calm down later and Robbie came over for a visit before bed. It was a good but very long day.
This is one of the faces at the Bayon temple, they were all done by different artists. I love the faces.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home