
Things happened today but I don't really feel like writing about specifics. I'm feeling a little bummed right now to tell the truth. I'll be ok and things will pass as usual. Maybe I'm feeling this way because I had that tooth problem, then illness, then people coming and going, and now I'm nervous about the border stuff when I go to Cambodia on Friday, I dunno. I am really looking forward to taking some personal time and getting away it's just the visa craziness and that makes me a little worried. I'm really excited about Angkor Wat.
I think that I'm also feeling a little crappy because Erfan and I aren't seeing eye to eye on school stuff, I'm a planner and he isn't. The classes he went to with me today were the good classes and so he didn't know what I was talking about regarding some of the classes being difficult. It should be easier with two people anyway, right? He went home early to rest because he's still trying to get his sleeping on track and I had grade 8b to teach alone. I still maintain that the grade 8b class is full of wonderful junior youth, but they're kind of like the little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, when they are good they are very very good and when they are bad they are horrid. Today was the latter and they terrorized me. It was very discouraging. It was also the class I most wanted a partner for because I know they can be hard to handle. I had prepared what I thought was a good lesson, the other grade 8 class seemed to do well enough with it. Ugh. At the end of class the classroom leader usually makes the class stand up, wai, and thank the teacher but today when the leader went to tell the class to stand I told him not to bother. I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but after a class like today's I didn't see the point. I felt that wouldn't have been sincere as they had been displaying a complete lack of respect for me and the lesson for the previous fifty minutes.
I hope that things change or I get some kind of positive feed back. I felt a little like I was failing at my classes and it didn't help to have someone come in and say "I don't know what you're talking about they're so well behaved".
Things have been a bit challenging lately. I know I won't get tests I can't handle, and I'll only become mentally and spiritually stronger through this, but man I wish things would just let up a bit or at least come one at a time. I am feeling especially alone these days and realized that I was feeling a bit bummed when I went out and returned with unhealthy eats (always a bad sign for me).
I don't want any one to be overly concerned, this too shall pass. I just thought I'd write what was happening with me, even if it's not all rainbows and sunshine.... well it's all sunshine all the time in Thailand but you know what I mean.
In good news, the highlight of my day was receiving Evan Cd number 5 today! Whoooow! I have been loving up the cds Ev has sent me, it's pretty exciting! Thank you Evan.
Thanks Terri for the Shoutbox post, another letter is in the mail, unless you've already received two, in which case I'll be writing more soon. I'm glad you enjoyed the letter.
Today's picture is from Wat Pho when I took myself out for my monthiversary.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home