
Today was pretty slow, still trying to help Erfan to get acclimatized to the heat and to just being in Thailand. In the morning I did my own thing while he chilled in his room catching up on some rest. I talked to Mattea which I haven't done in a while, and I went out and got passport size pictures for my Cambodia visa and my next Thai visa since I'll be going into Cambodia this Friday. I'm a bit nervous about the border crossing and obtaining my Cambodia visa but hopefully with some common sense and some prayers I'll get through ok and unscathed. Lynne drew me a map and wrote instructions, but it sounds pretty crazy and I have to admit I'm a little nervous about this unknown adventure. I'll be ok though, it's just nerves, I'm always cautious. On a side note my passport size photos don't really look like I thought I looked, I mean they are me and look like me, but at the same time not really, strange.
In the afternoon Erfan and I went for lunch and then hung out in my room for a bit. He went to rest in the afternoon and a couple of the youth in my community came over and used my computer for a bit while I wrote letters. It was a pretty chill afternoon and I got some class planning done as well.
This evening we were supposed to go into Bangkok for dinner but instead we went over to Khanum's (another Baha'i who lives close to our community) for dinner. One of Khanum's sons is in town, he's very nice, and he gave us a ride home afterwards.
This evening I'm just making sure I have my outfit for tomorrow laid out so I can wake up as late as possible. I may write some more letters before bed or read, I don't really know at this point.
Thanks again to Evan for the cds I still have only 1-4 (apparently there are 11 now!), but they're wonderful and comforting, they make me smile every time I listen to them.
Today's picture was taken from the inside of a taxi, you can see the taxi driver in the rear view mirror as well as the flowers hanging from the mirror and some city lights through the window. I took this on a rushed drive to the southern bus station when Tabitha, Spud and I were on our way to Krabi.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home