
Today I spent the morning doing research for my classes and talking to people online. I'm trying to find ways to make the classes fun and interesting for the students. Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with my students, I'm improving but I wish I was there already.
I think Erfan is a little overwhelmed and home sick right now. I'm sure he'll feel better when the jet lag passes and he starts to settle into life here. Today I took him to the supermarket (Carrefour) and to the pool for a swim. We played with some kids at the pool. The kids here are so interested in foreigners and just want to play with us. We did all these fun jumps into the pool and threw the kids around and it was really wonderful.
In the evening we went to the Sunday market bought some fruit, sticky rice, and some meat on a stick. After the market we just sat around and talked. I hope he settles in soon it's hard to see him feeling so nervous and home sick, I miss people at home but I never felt as freaked out as he says he is feeling.
Yesterday I forgot to mention that I went to Starbucks for the first time since I left Canada, it was good. It's kinda eerie how Starbucks is the same everywhere you go, I guess for some people it would be a comfort thing, but I thought it was kind of creepy in a way. At least my old store had more personality than the average 'Bucks.
Today's picture is of the King and Queen on their wedding day, I think the King is 18 years old or so (I don't know officially). This picture was in the exhibition at Impact.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home