
This morning I got up early... I'm not a morning person and it kinda sucked. It was the first day back at school so I got there early and proceeded to wait around for my schedule. After a couple of hours of waiting I found the teacher who makes the schedules, Pom. Pom told me that the grade three english teacher backed out and that they had no replacement and they wanted me to teach them and switch to be the home room teacher for grade 3c. So now I'm teaching 22 hours of grade three english a week, and 5 or 6 hours of junior youth empowerment classes a week. I'm a little nervous about teaching the grade threes since I have never taught english before but they did give me books to work from which look like they will be easy to follow. Since I'm not a real teacher I think that they are still looking for a proper teacher and I will only be teaching grade three until they find a replacement. There were some conflicts with my schedule since I was scheduled to teach two classes at once and so they told me that they would rework my schedule and give it to me after lunch but they didn't get it done due to a problem with the power and the computers and so I went home without my schedule and without the school holiday calendar. I will just go in a bit early tomorrow and pick them up then.
In the afternoon I went swimming and then out for some really good green curry and great coffee from the cute coffee guy. I have been working on my Thai lately and today when I was asked if my dinner was good I was able to answer that it was very delicious. Also, I was able to tell someone that their necklace was beautiful. Yay for me!
Tonight I have been working on preparing myself for classes tomorrow and I'll pack it in early so that I get some rest and can perform well tomorrow. Tomorrow after school I am getting a massage as well because my arm and shoulder have been especially sore and my left arm keeps on going numb when I sleep.
Today's picture is looking at Maya beach through the trees on the path in the center of Phi Phi Leh island.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home