
Though today's picture doesn't really do it justice the road to Luang Prabang is very beautiful. I took this picture at the half way point of the ten and a half hour bus ride from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. I thought the scenery was so amazing and had my face pressed to the window trying to catch every detail of the landscape as it passed by. I was amazed, actually, and how everyone else could sleep or read their books when such beauty was just beyond our windows. I really felt that if I had the opportunity I would leap from the bus and go exploring.... or at least I felt that way for the first half of the bus ride. The second half of the bus ride was so curvy and swervey through the mountains that I was starting to feel rather nauseated and I could tell I wasn't the only one. Everyone who had been reading had put down their books and most people had a queasy look on their faces.
When we got into Luang Prabang we quickly found a guest house and cleaned up and then walked around the town. It was only 5pm when we arrived so we still had some day light. We drank fruit shakes by the Mekong and eventually went out for a tasty dinner and another walk around the large night market.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home