Monday, May 08, 2006

My Poor Oompah Loompah Face




Tabitha and Brian slept in and though I woke early I didn't go out and instead wrote letters and a summary of my Ko Phi Phi adventures. Once everyone was awake and ready to go out we went out for our usual pancake treat, which was really tasty. On Ko Phi Phi Don there are these little pancake stands that make these thin pancakes and wrap fruit inside and then put some spread on top. They are really delicious and unhealthy, we would get the banana and Nutella ones all of the time and each time they tasted better. We had a specific pancake stand that we liked the best and would often visit it multiple times in one day.... soo tasty!

We decided that we'd find a boat and return to Long beach. The day was clear and bright and after we changed into our swimming gear we had a boat take us to the beach. We took many excellent pictures and swam a lot. I had burnt a little the previous day when we went snorkelling and cliff diving and so I made sure to put on sun screen but it didn't matter I roasted when we were at Long beach... and I mean roasted!! Later in the day when Spud looked at my face he started to sing the Oompah Loompah song (with new lyrics pertaining to my sunburn) and it was suggested that I may want to wear veil when going out in public... boo. The beach was a blast though I all had a good time, lunch was decent there and we had these great coffees with coconut milk in them... yummy.

In the later afternoon and evening I didn't feel too awesome due to my sun exposure and red face (which I was embarrassed about). We went out to dinner at a little Thai restaurant and then Tabitha and I grabbed something to watch at the suite while we packed up our stuff to leave the next day and Spud went out to find some of the friends he had met before and maybe watch another boxing match. Tabitha and I did do some more accessory shopping and I got two necklaces and Tabitha picked up some earrings.

Spud didn't manage to find anyone outside so he came to chill with us and we all sat around and ate crisps (what we call chips). And then we all went to bed.


Also congrats to my little Punkin' Etana who took her first steps!! Yay for you Baby, Auntie Loves You!!

Today's picture is a monkey from Monkey Beach.... he's holding some pineapple


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Cliff Jumping, Snorkelling, And The Cave of Death
  • Swimming Fully Clothed
  • Arrival at Ko Phi Phi Don
  • Off Again On Again
  • I Need To Escape the City
  • Horesebox
  • Canadians in Thailand
  • Exhaustion
  • Not Sick for Edmonton But....
  • "A" You're Adorable
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox