Saturday, May 13, 2006

Chinatown




Today Lynne needed to go to Chinatown in Bangkok to pick some things up and so I went with her. Chinatown in Bangkok is HUGE and it's ally after ally of shops. Lynne got some of the things she was looking for and I got some cloth to have a blouse made. I am getting really used to the markets and now seeing pig heads and hanging pig legs doesn't even phase me. The smells are sometimes a little over powering but I didn't get too overwhelmed. For lunch we went to this strange karaoke restaurant. I had a tofu, and... I think it was pork, dish with rice and fish sauce. Fish sauce is the staple of Thai cooking and you put it on everything and it's added to every meal you order. Fish sauce smells funky but then 'high quality' fish sauce is fermented fish that was left in the full sun for 9months to a year, awesome hey? When Robbie was here we looked up how fish sauce is made, its interesting but kind of gross when you think about it. Really do check out the link it's an education.

There was a big rain storm today and so Lynne and I took a cab home. In the afternoon I had a nap and then went out for cashew chicken and rice (and fish sauce) for dinner.

Tonight I have just been listening to music that Tabitha and Brian left on the computer for me and reorganizing.

I would also like to mention that I got a post card today from my friend Paul (his blog is under 'blogs I like') who is currently in Australia, yay!! I love getting mail. Thanks Paul.

Today's picture is of our cliff jumping and snorkeling guide Roy, he was pretty awesome.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • A Writing Fiend... and Goodbye For Now Spud and Ta...
  • It's Thursday
  • Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig
  • My Poor Oompah Loompah Face
  • Cliff Jumping, Snorkelling, And The Cave of Death
  • Swimming Fully Clothed
  • Arrival at Ko Phi Phi Don
  • Off Again On Again
  • I Need To Escape the City
  • Horesebox
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox