Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig




Tuesday May 9th/Wednesday May 10th

We woke up and finished collecting up all our things and packing them away before check out time. We headed out to enjoy one last banana and Nutella pancake before leaving the island and then proceeded to check out of 'H.C. Anderson'. After all of this we set off to kill a few hours before our ferry departed. We were lugging around all of our bags now on sun burnt shoulders and it was quite hot so we weren't up to doing much. We tried to relax on the beach but they were charging to sit in the lounge chairs so we didn't bother. We grabbed some coffees and puttered around until we were hungry for lunch and then went to another ocean side restaurant. Lunch took a long time to arrive which was fine because we still had time to kill and when it arrived it was very good. I had shrimp, yet again, but this time with basil.

I did manage to say a unity prayer for the island and for their continued recovery from the tsunami before I left.

I spent the ferry ride inside hiding from the sun because it was really bright out and my face was really sensitive from the scorching it received over the two previous days.

The boat ride passed quickly, I think I may have slept for at least a half hour of it. After the ferry trip we got stickers saying we were heading to Bangkok (we'd purchased our bus tickets from Krabi to Bangkok when we were on Ko Phi Phi Don) and were ushered onto a sawng-thaew that took us to catch the bus from Krabi to Surat Thani, the bus was very crowded with other foreigners but it was short and not all that bad and the three hours passed fairly quickly. The bus ride between Krabi and Surat Thani is very interesting, there must have been mass deforestation in the area because for the entire trip all of the vegetation was in rows and even when you didn't think they were if you watched long enough the bus would move and the perspective would change and you could see all the vegetation lined up in perfect rows.

On the bus Tabitha and I stayed together and Spud sat beside a guy named Sean who was from the UK. Sean was really nice and when we stopped in Krabi to eat and switch buses he joined us for dinner before we parted ways (he wasn't going to Bangkok).

The bus to Bangkok wasn't all that glamorous and I had accidentally grabbed the seats with the least amount of leg room for Tabitha and I. It was cramped for the two of us so I moved to the front so that Tabitha could stretch out and sat beside some guy in the front. The bus ride was cold and every time I fell asleep I woke up snuggling up to the guy beside me... hopefully he didn't mind.

We arrived in Bangkok early in the morning on Wednesday and were bombarded as usual with the usual phrase "where you go?". We managed to avoid getting caught by anyone before we got ourselves collected. Tabitha and Spud needed to get train tickets to their next destination so we took a quick trip to the train station before returning home to Nonthaburi.

After returning home Tabitha and Spud went to sleep and I did a couple of loads of laundry and talked to a few people before going to bed myself. We all slept until 2:30pm and then got up and went out for noodles. Tabitha and I went to Carrefour supermarket after our late lunch and bought fruit and other items.

In the evening we had Ruhi and after that was over we chilled out for a bit and then I worked on posting the many blogs I missed posting while in Ko Phi Phi.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • My Poor Oompah Loompah Face
  • Cliff Jumping, Snorkelling, And The Cave of Death
  • Swimming Fully Clothed
  • Arrival at Ko Phi Phi Don
  • Off Again On Again
  • I Need To Escape the City
  • Horesebox
  • Canadians in Thailand
  • Exhaustion
  • Not Sick for Edmonton But....
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox