Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Need To Escape the City



Nothing really got done today except for my brief trip to Carrefour where I bought snacks for the team (Robbie, Tabitha, Brian and I) as well as mailed out two post cards, three letters and a gift. I did visit Lynne who is home from her surgery and doing really well but otherwise nothing was done. Due to some transportation issues it looks like we won't be going south to any islands which I have to admit is a bit disappointing but I'll find someone to go with some other time. I am feeling a little bit like I need to spend a night out of the city. I get cabin fever in Edmonton and here it is so much worse, I need fresh air and nature and get in touch with my tree hugging self... or at least my country town self. I don't know if I'll be able to actually pull off a day trip but I think I'm going to try.

I wish I had stuff to say today but really I feel like nothing is happening. I'm waiting for my school schedule so that I can plan my lessons and I want to get out of the city but nothing is really going on that is very exciting or out of the ordinary.

Oh, this evening we did have our Wednesday night Ruhi which was good, we didn't do many sections of the study book but the discussion tonight was great. I'm planning the junior youth group that I'll be starting in the community around my soi but I don't know when I'll start that. I know that it's time to set things in motion so I'm just working on my plans, when things start to get going and/or I have more travelling adventures then I'll really have something to write about.

Right now Brian, Tabitha and Robbie are out somewhere having their own adventure in Bangkok, I didn't go because I had Ruhi.

The picture for today is from convention on the weekend. The boy is our very own little Irish spud, Brian, and the woman is a fellow Canadian, Merril, who is pioneering to Yasothon. Also, I had some questions about "horsebox", it's a name that Brian calls everyone... an Irish thing, but he's got the rest of us saying it now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Horesebox
  • Canadians in Thailand
  • Exhaustion
  • Not Sick for Edmonton But....
  • "A" You're Adorable
  • New Roommate Tomorrow... Early
  • Hi Uncle Harold and Heather
  • My Poor Toe
  • Ayutthaya
  • A Long Day of Shopping
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox