Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy Ridvan




Today I did some paper work in the morning, as well as working on my lesson for this afternoon and a little bit of sewing on my knitting project. In the afternoon I went to work. The kids were a lot of fun and we sang "Bingo" over and over and over.

After work I wrote six post cards and relaxed for a while. At six Lynne and I went down to my favorite restaurant on our soi for dinner. I had a basic veggie, chicken and rice dish and it was so tasty and the sauce was very good. After dinner we went across the street to the coffee shop that is owned by a guy on my soi who used to work at Starbucks. This cute coffee guy is very nice and his coffee is really good (and cheaper than the Starbucks here).

After dinner we went to the Holyday celebration for the first day of Ridvan (I put a link in for it yesterday I think) and I found out that we have a new Baha'i in our community as of today! She declared herself a Baha'i just in time for Ridvan and the election of the new Local Spiritual Assembly. I was elected to the Local Spiritual Assembly of Nonthaburi today and so will be serving as a member of the Assembly until I have to leave at the end of September.

After the Holyday celebration I hung out and chatted with Lynne for a bit and then came up to my room.

Tomorrow is the Holyday and so I took the day off of work. Days on the Baha'i calendar go from sunset to sunset so the Holyday started at sundown today and continues until Sundown tomorrow. Sine I have the day off tomorrow I think I will try to find a sewing needle for my knitting project and post some letters and see what other things I can do for the day. Tomorrow night are the children's classes which I am helping teach now so I will be doing that at 6pm.

Today's picture is of another Buddha at one of the temples at Wat Pho. This Buddha looked like it was glowing (I didnt take this picture with a flash as people were praying and I didn't want to be disrespectful... I don't think it really needed one anyway).


Oh also, I have been invited by some of my other teacher friends at school to join them and thier friends on a trip to Kanchanaburi in May. I'm definitely going to try to go, I don't forsee any problems though and that is pretty exciting. Kanchanaburi is where the bridge over the river Kwai is located and I think that it would be a really interesting place to visit.

If you don't like clicking through the photostream to see my pictures I have also set up a picture viewing page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/greetingssawatdee/


Also: thanks Aunti Cie for posting a comment in the shout box, enjoy the blog and thank you Jayne (cloversgamma) I'm glad you like following my adventures, I will keep it up.

Last thing I swear! Ok, I ran into these women today who asked me for directions (they were farang too) and I knew exactly how to get them to where they were going! Me! I know I didn't send them in the wrong direction because they were trying to get to the events dome near my school. I was really proud that I'm getting to know my way around a bit and could even direct others a little bit. Woow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Monthiversary
  • The Ants Go Marching 100 by 100 Hurrah Hurrah
  • Relaxing Day
  • Last Day of Animator Training
  • Have a Good Trip Jenny!
  • Friends from all Over
  • Day One of Training
  • Party like its 2549BE
  • Cute Kids of YWCA
  • More Misadventures
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox