Monday, April 17, 2006

Relaxing Day


Today I had the day off of school and since I had such a long weekend of studying I took it pretty easy today. In the morning I chatted on the phone with my family and then with Krista. It as nice to chat with everyone.

Then Jenny phoned from Nong Khai because she forgot the charger for her camera battery so I took a run out to the post office to express mail it to her.

After I got home from the post office I worked on a proposal I was asked to write to start a leadership club (for 12-15 year olds) at the school I'm be working at. I also wrote some letters and did some knitting.

Lynne and I went swimming when she got off of work. The swim was good and we took a new route to walk to the pool because there were too many stray barking dogs on the route we usual walk. These dogs (often called soi dogs) bite and often, if not always, have rabies. There is a dog that someone put a muzzle on because it bites too much. Yipes. In this new route to the pool I saw some pomegranates growing in someones yard, I wish I could grow those in my yard in Canada! Apparently pomegranates will be in season soon yummmmmmmmmmmm.

In the evening there was a devotional gathering and then I came home and knit some more and relaxed.

Today's picture is of a soi that branches off mine, I have to walk down this road to get to the fruit market. These are the fluffy palm trees that are my favorite. There seem to be two types of palm trees, these ones with the fluffy looking branches/leaves and then the ones with the flat looking branches/leaves (which you can see in my March 26th post... if you squint - I'll take a better picture of flat leaf palm trees).

Tomorrow school starts up again and I'll be working with the grade one kids in the afternoon again. Right now it's still summer school, the real semester doesn't start until May.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View my Profile

  • Last Day of Animator Training
  • Have a Good Trip Jenny!
  • Friends from all Over
  • Day One of Training
  • Party like its 2549BE
  • Cute Kids of YWCA
  • More Misadventures
  • A Morning with Monks
  • Tentacle on a Stick
  • Trip to Villa
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • Bangkok Weather
  • Currency Converter
  • Mom and Dad
  • The Adventures of Clover
  • Paul Heidema
  • M&M and Sophie
  • Tabitha
  • My Photo Page

    Get Firefox